About the Course
The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you’ve been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the PADI Night Diver Specialty course.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers or higher, who are at least 12 years old, can enroll in the Night Diver specialty course.
Learn How to
- Navigate underwater at night
- Make ascents and descents in the dark
- Use your dive light for communication
If You Want to
- Avoid getting lost in the dark
- See familiar dives sites in a new light
- Try something new and exciting
- Make your first night dive with a pro
Scuba diving requires a minimum level of health and fitness. Chronic health conditions, certain medications and/or recent surgery may require you to get written approval from a physician before diving.
Prerequisites & Minimum Age
Minimum Age: 12
Course prerequisites: (Jr.) Open Water Diver or equivalent