About the Course
Diving in a current can feel like flying underwater. In the PADI® Drift Diver course, you’ll learn drift diving tips from an experienced instructor and practice buoyancy control, navigation, use of surface signaling equipment and buddy communication.
Learn How to
- Use surface signaling equipment
- Stay close to your buddy
- Make entries and descents in a current
If You Want to
- Try drift diving with an instructor
- Feel confident diving in a current
- Learn about aquatic currents – causes and effects
Scuba diving requires a minimum level of health and fitness. Chronic health conditions, certain medications and/or recent surgery may require you to get written approval from a physician before diving.
Prerequisites & Minimum Age
Minimum Age: 12
Course prerequisites: (Junior) Open Water Diver or equivalent certification